Do I qualify for a free gas boiler grant?

As long as you own your own home or you are a tenant living in privately rented accommodation (and you have your landlord's permission) you might be eligible for a boiler grant to replace your old boiler.

But you must be in receipt of one of the following benefits:

If you receive Income Support, Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance or Income-Related Employment Support Allowance one extra condition must also apply from the following.

If you are in receipt of Working Tax Credit one of the following must also apply:

If you are in receipt of Universal Credit with a monthly earned income of £1,250 or less in any assessment period in the last 12 months. One of the following must also apply:

When you apply for a boiler grant we will need to give you a quick call to confirm that you meet all the necessary criteria. It will only take a few moments to assess your eligibility. We'll need to check what benefits you receive (in the case of Working Tax Credit or Child Tax Credit we'll need to make a note of your annual household income too) and confirm your status (whether you're a private tenant or own your own home). We will also ask you for the make and model of your current boiler, how old it is and whereabouts it's located. If you can have all of this information to hand when we ring we'll be able to get your application processed a lot quicker. Apply online above.